How To Take Down Your Window Blinds
30th May 2019
When decorating or having a deep clean of your home, you may need to remove your blinds in order to make a good job of it and not cause any damage. Depending on the blind, there may be a different way in which you remove and reinstall the blind – but each method is as easy as the next.
How To Take Down Roller Blinds
Roller blinds are a staple in many homes, offering total privacy and light control with little to no maintenance throughout the years. They can be paired with a variety of styles, from minimalist living rooms to retro kitchens, roller blinds are always a great choice. Removing them from the window takes only three simple steps:
1. Put the roller blind into closed position, so the fabric no longer covers the window and remove any child safety locks from the blinds cord.
2. Depending on the bracket type, you’ll either have to turn the clamp anticlockwise and release the blind or swing open the clamp supporting the blind.
3. If you need to remove the brackets themselves, all you’ll need to do is unscrew the screws supporting the brackets – ensure to do it gently as to not cause any damage.
How To Take Down Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds have existed since the 16th century and are still a popular choice for many homeowners today. Versatile and suitable for all window sizes, Venetian blinds are affordable and can last for decades with proper care. They can be styled to suit any room, so are suitable for those who like to redecorate frequently, therefore you may need to take them down a lot. Here are a few easy steps for you to follow when removing Venetian blinds:
1. Lift the blind slats all the way up using the cord.
2. Lift the brackets clipping on both brackets to release the blind.
3. Slide the blind out of the brackets and be sure to place the Venetian blinds somewhere safe to avoid damage to the slats.
4. If you have spring loaded Venetian blinds then follow the steps as normal except instead of releasing the clips, push the blind inwards and turn it down toward you to release it from the bracket.
How To Take Down Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds are a timeless addition to any home, as they are incredibly easy to operate and clean. After removing the upper valance to reveal the top rail, follow these steps:
1. Rotate the blinds in a half-open position.
2. Open each clip at the top of each slat, then pull each blade upwards and twist it free, one by one.
3. If you need to remove the brackets as well, take a screwdriver and gently remove the screws from the wall until you can pull the whole panelling track away from the window.
Here at Leamington Blinds, the team are always happy to answer any queries you may have about blinds and shutters, for your home or business. For more information on any of our products or services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!